Top Menu

Japanese Cuisine Series: Waterfall God (滝神) Salmon Sashimi Rice


*) Image source: 滝神かみのたき 平價生魚片丼飯-中原創始店 Facebook

Back when I was in Taiwan to pursue my degree, there is this Japanese restaurant that specializes in sushi and sashimi culinaries. The place's name is 滝神 (or if literally translated as "Waterfall God"). It isn't too far from my campus, say, maybe 15-20 mins by walking.

If you're in the same location as me (I was usually in my campus, Chung Yuan Christian University / 中原大學), then you can go straight to 大門口 or the main gate of the campus. There, you just go straight until you find Chung Yuan Elementary School (中原國民小學); it should be on your left hand side. There, precisely beside the elementary school, there's a street that if you went through, you'll arrive at Chung Yuan Night Market (中原夜市). Don't directly head to the night market, but instead, keep your eyes open along the way to find THIS restaurant on your right hand side:

*) Image source: 滝神かみのたき 平價生魚片丼飯-中原創始店 Facebook 

Well, if you find it, congrats. That's the place I mean.

Honestly, I don’t really remember what are on the menu exactly, and here I just review some of the dishes that I have tried for several times together with my friends / roommates. So without question, my favorite is this bowl of rice, topped with freshly raw salmon and tuna (two slices each), a crab stick, seaweed, seasoned squid, tobiko, cucumber and a spoonful wasabi. Take a peek:

Also, if you don’t really like to eat raw fish, you can request for a half-done / well-done salmon and tuna:

Both are 100 NTD per bowl (per 2016) and you can ask to mixed it with both salmon and tuna slices, or just choose one. They give you about four to five slices (I actually forget how many slices).

As for the sashimi, it’s fresh and tastes great. It comes with six slices of fish (choose salmon or tuna) for I-forget-how-much-NTD. And again, I'm not really sure how many slices, but I think it's about 5 - 6 slices per portion. It is cut in a quite big size, so even though it's only 5 to 6 slices, you feel satisfied to eat it.

The restaurant also provides a free salmon soup which they put salmon skins and small tofus into the soup. The soup alone, is very delicious, especially if you ate it during winter. It’ll help to keep you warm.

Another thing, as some other Taiwan restaurants, they let you to add more rice if you feel that you still not full. But only for the rice only, not for the fish or any other toppings.

In short, personally I like the dishes here and the price is quite affordable. And if you're coincidentally go to visit / stay in Zhongli, Taoyuan, just give it a try. It's worth trying ;)

*) Be sure to check their Facebook account: 滝神かみのたき 平價生魚片丼飯-中原創始店

Post a Comment

All contents and properties are created by (C) 2020 Leonard Chung. You may not use without permission.
Designed by OddThemes | Distributed by Gooyaabi Templates