Top Menu

My 4 Favourite Indonesian TV Commercials

Fruitamin Commercial (2012) 

Umm.. Where to start.. A pair of suns, a girl slides on ice block, teenage boy with a moustache, a-ultraman-copycat-guy, so much absurdities in this one.

Just see it for yourself, it's an absolute hilarious.

*) uploaded by: OfficialMuzico

As the ad suggests, Fruitamin is a fruit flavoured drink from Indofood and it comes in variety of flavors. I haven't tried this, and probably won't, but yeah, the ad itself makes me laugh everytime I see it.

Though the premise is simple, just like any ads are, but the visual jokes here work well. Covered with beating background music that somewhat catchy and easy-to-remember, this so-called "spoof" commercial is an instant laugh-out-loud B-movie piece-kinda-style.

Sampoerna's August 16th 1945 (2008)

Well, I'm not so sure how to classify this ad since I myself not so sure whether it is a commercial or just a short film paying tribute to the hours before the Independence Declaration of Indonesia.

Take a look, it’s amazing:

*) uploaded by: Azis Fauzi

Though the market aim is clear, which is segmented to youngsters; it's still a jaw-dropping experience to see the recreation of our country's most pivotal moment; its aesthetics, how the actors (one of them is Donny "F-in" Alamsyah) did their best to portray our founding fathers and other historical figures that you probably remembered when in high school, the production design, the essence; it all surprisingly worked well in about two minutes.

Kudos to Sampoerna Foundation, Lowe Productions and Babi Buta Films to produce this piece of art. Well, I'm so glad that they put so much effort and of course, much money, only to make this incredible commercial. Putting your best efforts for a commercial? That's when I root for you.

Mizone Ad - Maxxibilities Icon (2007)

All of you know Mizone, even if you haven’t drunk it before. As the “child” of Danone’s Aqua, the brand manages to survive till now since its first initiation in 2005. But do you remember that once in 2007 they made a sort of event with a great commercial to it?

*) uploaded by: celsians

Wow. Just like the previous Frutamin commercial that I described before, Mizone ad here also has a  ear-catchy music, beating tone; led by a hyperactive male dancer. With a disco vibe in its core, I like this ad as if they also invite you to dance. Hell with watching the ad, I want to dance, now...! 

GoJek Commercial - Qasidah Cari Pahala (2018) 

Lastly (and this is the new one compared to the others) is this hilariously funny GoJek commercial. As an intermezzo, while I went to movies to watch Deadpool 2 with my friend, I saw this piece of ad played with other movie trailers. My friend said it's funny, and Lord knows what I'm also thinking. It's a no-brainer LOL commercial I've seen so far this year.

For your eyes only:

*) uploaded by: Iklan TV Indonesia

Well, it speaks for itself. An old school film kinda-type with (again) catchy song lyrics, foreshadowed by a bunch of old ladies singing and playing instruments. What could go wrong with that...?

So folks, those are four Indonesian TV commercials that made it to my favourite list. Only God knows whether or not I will expand the list in the future. Anyway, sound off your favourite TV commercials that you have watched, and be sure to inform me via mail...! Thanks.

Post a Comment

All contents and properties are created by (C) 2020 Leonard Chung. You may not use without permission.
Designed by OddThemes | Distributed by Gooyaabi Templates